Are you on the hunt for yummy table foods that will knock your guests’ socks off AND are healthy?
Oh.. and don’t take a ton of effort?
I don’t know about you, but when friends are over, I want to actually spend time with them.
I don’t want to spend that time sweating in the kitchen while everyone else is laughing and having a good ole time.
With Super Bowl around the corner, I wanted to come up with fun finger foods that were easy to make but looked impressive for guests. And also left everyone feeling satisfied instead of wandering if it would be okay to order pizza at half time.
WHO DOESN’T LOVE A GOOD SLIDER?
It is the spice of life!
Having a spread of different sliders makes for the ultimate football game experience.
Technically, you could just put out all the individual components and have a build your own slider bar. Which would be fun, but I think it’s safe to say that when the game gets crazy, people just want to grab and eat!
- Spicy Burger Sliders
- Philly Cheese Sliders
- Cuban Sliders
- BLT Sliders
Healthy Party Sliders: 4 Ways
The Slider Base: Idaho Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400-Degrees.
- Slice 2 (or more) Idaho potatoes into 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices.
- Spray (or lightly coat) each slice with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping over half way until lightly golden and crispy.
- These are your “buns”.
Once they’re done, you’re ready to stack them up.
Short on time, or don’t like potatoes?
Use English muffins instead. Slice in half and use a half for each slider.
SLIDER 1: SPICY BURGERS
- 1/2 Lb Lean Ground Meat
- 1/2 Lb Spicy Sausage, Ground
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Mix together the meats. Roll into balls a little larger than golf balls and flatten into patties.
- Cook either on a grill (medium heat), skillet or oven. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Then flip, topped each with a sprinkle of cheese and cooked for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomato, etc.
SLIDER 2: BLT SLIDERS
- 1 Slice Bacon/Slider
- Iceburg Lettuce
- Mayo (I love the Primal Kitchen brand)
- Fry the bacon to your liking and allow to cool to get nice and crunchy.
- Slice bacon in half: both halves will go on the slider.
- Add a thin layer of mayo to potato slice and top with the lettuce, tomato and bacon.
SLIDER 3: PHILLY CHEESE SLIDERS
- 2 Portabella Mushrooms, Sliced Thin
- 1 Bell Pepper, Sliced Thin
- 1/2 Onion, Sliced Thin
- Provolone Cheese
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- In a nonstick skillet, cook peppers, mushrooms and onions.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper and cook until softened and reduced down.
- Add toppings to your potato slices and sprinkle with cheese.
- Optional: Broil for just a minute or two to allow the cheese to melt into the veggies.
SLIDER 4: CUBAN SLIDERS
- Deli Sliced Ham
- Swiss Cheese (optional)
- Yellow Mustard
As if the others weren’t easy enough, this one takes the cake.
- Top your potato slice with slice of ham (folded), 1/2 slice of cheese, pickles and drizzle with mustard.
Which one are you most excited for?
The possibilities are endless. Have fun with these 4 sliders and play around with other flavors.
You can easily make mini pizzas, chicken parmesan sliders, shredded BBQ sliders and more!
Enjoy your party spread and feel amazing knowing that your serving up food full of flavor that also won’t make you go into a food coma!
Notice the dip in the photos? Don’t worry I won’t leave you hanging.
Every party needs a dip of some sort aside from chips and salsa.
This dip won’t disappoint. And yes, it’s a great healthy alternative to cheese based dips.
ALMOND BACON CHIVE DIP
This recipe is so simple and so gosh darn good.
Serve it up with sliced, fresh vegetables, or all natural crackers (Flackers and Mary Crackers are our favorites).
- 1 Cup Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Cashews
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire
- 3 Slices Bacon
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Chives
- 1 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4+ Cup Water
- Soak almonds and cashews in water for 30 minutes. Rinse and toss into a food processor pr blender with the Worcestershire sauce, garlic, and water.
- Cook bacon, cool and chop. Chop chives. Set aside.
- Blend almonds until smooth. It you need more water, add more until it’s thick but smooth and creamy.
- Stir in bacon and chices.
You can not go wrong with these suggestions. I can promise you, your party will be very satisfied!
My husband and I sometimes do spreads like this for weekend dinner dates because they’re fun!